Web site: colorcode.laebisch.com
Platform: Linux, OS X, Windows, Maemo, OS/2
License: GNU GPL
First release: September 6, 2009
ColorCode – a free advanced MasterMind clone with lots of different game variants, from the very easy up to really challenging ones.
You can combine any color count from 2-10 with any column count from 2-5 and allow or not pegs of the same color. Or you may select one of the 5 predefined levels of difficulty. ColorCode has also a rather intelligent 😉 built in MasterMind solver – so you can let the computer guess for you (nope, he’s not cheating – really).
– Lots of game variants – 2 different game modes, customizable color count, column count and pegs of the same color setting
– Scalable game board – for better accessibility you can scale the game board to your needs and may hide the menubar, toolbar and statusbar
– Multiple language support – for now English, German, Czech, French and Hungarian translations are available
– Improved usability – keyboard shortcuts for most of the settings, you may automatically close the rows after the last peg is set to hurry up playing, submit your row by hitting enter etc.
– Built in MasterMind Solver – ColorCode has a rather perfect game solver. It will watch your moves over a whole game session, so you can at any game phase ask the solver for it’s guess.