Doomsday – an enhanced version of the legendary DOOM game. It is a portable, enhanced source port of id Software’s Doom I/II and Raven Software’s Heretic and Hexen.
The purpose of the Doomsday Engine project is to create versions of DOOM, Heretic and Hexen that feel the same as the original games but are implemented using modern techniques such as 3D graphics and client/server networking. A lot of emphasis is placed on good-looking graphics.
Doomsday Engine (or deng for short) requires an IWAD to play. You can install your commercial IWADs using game-data-packager.
– UI Game profiles and add-on selection. Multiplayer server browser. In-game overlay with configuration options and console prompt.
– Graphics Particle effects and dynamic lights. Bloom and vignette effects. Geometry-based ambient occlusion. Supports 3D models for objects (FBX, MD5) and sky boxes. Upscaling texture filter. Stereoscopic rendering modes.
– Audio 3D sound effects and reverb (FMOD plugin). Supports music add-ons (MP3) and FluidSynth for high-quality MIDI music (Unix only).
– Multiplayer Automatic discovery of LAN servers. Master server for public games. Tool for running servers in the background.
– Technology Portable code built on Qt 5 and OpenGL.