ezQuake – a modern QuakeWorld engine.
Combining the features of all modern QuakeWorld® clients, ezQuake makes QuakeWorld® easier to start and play. The immortal first person shooter Quake® in the brand new skin with superb graphics and extremely fast gameplay.
The project started in August 2004 as a derivate of the FuhQuake client by fuh which is a derivate of ZQuake QuakeWorld client by Tonik, one of the current ezQuake developers.
Finally, ZQuake is a derivate of QuakeWorld client made by Id Software. This company has created the Quake game itself and later on released the source codes of game executables under GNU General Public License.
– Modern graphics
– QuakeTV support
– Rich menus
– Multiview support
– Tons of features to serve latest pro-gaming needs
– Built in server browser & MP3 player control
– Recorded games browser
– Customization of all possible graphics elements of the game including Heads Up Display
– All sorts of scripting possibilities
– Windows, Linux, MacOSX and FreeBSD platforms supported (SDL2).
The client comes only with bare minimum of game media. If you want to experience ezQuake with modern graphics and other additional media including custom configurations, maps, textures and more, try using the nQuake-installer.