Last Updated on: 18th October 2022, 11:21 am
Web site: linapple.sourceforge.net
Category: Machine Emulators
License: GNU GPL
First release: 2012 ?
LinApple – a predecessor of WinApple. It is a LINux emulator of APPLE][, Apple][+, Apple//e, and Enhanced Apple//e computer. It works out of the box and emulates almost everything AppleWin can, but several things.
It features 9300 lines of code in Debug.cpp of AppleWin written by Michael Pohoreski. And this is just main debugger source file, there are also Debugger_Assembler.cpp, Debugger_Console.cpp and others.
Ok, next great thing missing in LinApple is PHASOR support. Although there are few Apple][ programs and games using it, it’d be welcome in our emulator, in my humble opinion.
What are the differences between version of Mark Ormond and original LinApple – Apple2 emulator for Linux?
– First of all, you can build it for Raspberry Pi! Very nice.
– Now needs SDL_image to compile
– The charset40.bmp, font.bmp, and splash.bmp have now been encoded in the main executable. So no need for these files anymore.
– Support for the following command line switches.
— -1 Mount floppy image in first drive.
— -2 Mount floppy image in second drive.
— -r Autostart the emulation
— -f Start in full screen mode
— -b Benchmark and quit.
– For example you can start emulator this way: $ linapple -1 /home/user/Retro/roms/apple2/Frogger.dsk to auto-mount Frogger.dsk disk image on start up.