Last Updated on: 11th May 2023, 11:07 am
StonC – a variant of STonX to Curses, the Atari ST emulator for Unix/X. Unlike other emulators intended to run either modern GEM programs, or old ST games, STonC is indended to run operating systems like Minix which do not run on other emulators.
Despite of this, STonC is surprisingly usable for:
– run MiNT, Minix, and text-only TOS progs (like nethack)
– develop free TOS replacements like NullTOS or EmuTOS
– emulate an Atari MegaST (same as STonX)
– detailed implementation of low-level hardware MFP, FDC, DMA and ACIA
– floppy and hard disk emulation works with no native extension (no cartridge, no ROM patch)
– can also support the STonX cartridge for native filesystem or huge floppy images.
– emulates a vt100 terminal connected to the Atari ST through the serial port
– written in a priori portable C, with no library except curses
– configurable (reset, manage floppies, …) using an embedded shell – configurations can be written in stonc scripts to easily maintain a set of test configurations
The latest version is 0.8.1 released 2004-01-07.
STonC is covered by the GPL version 2 or later.
StonC 0.8.1 source code 291KB.tgz