DGen – a free, open source and portable emulator for Sega Genesis/Mega Drive systems. DGen was originally written by Dave, then ported to SDL by Joe Groff and Phil K. Hornung.
The rom image in the file romname is executed, as emulated on a Sega Genesis or MegaDrive running in 60Hz NTSC mode (unless the -P option is specified, in which case 50Hz PAL mode is used). romname should be in raw binary or SMD format, and may be compressed with gzip, zip, or bzip2.
– Game Genie/Hex codes support
– PAL/NTSC, fullscreen modes
– Joypad/joystick and mouse support
– Highly configurable controls
– OpenGL textured video output
– Portable (64-bit, endian-safe)
– Screenshots, demos recording and playback
– Debugger with M68K and Z80 support
– hqx and scale2x upscaling filters
– VGM dumping
– Low CPU usage on current hardware
The last version of DGen was released in 2014.