DOSEMU – a PC Emulator application that allows Linux to run a DOS operating system in a virtual x86 machine. DOSEMU stands for DOS Emulation, and allows you to run DOS and many DOS programs, including many DPMI applications such as DOOM and Windows 3.1, under Linux.
– Color text and full keyboard emulation (via hotkeys) via terminal.
– Built-in X support, includes IBM character set font.
– Graphics capability at the console with most compatible video cards.
– DPMI support so you can run DOOM.
– CDROM support.
– Builtin IPX and pktdrvr support.
DOSEMU is a user-level program which uses certain special features of the Linux kernel and the 80386 processor to run MS-DOS/FreeDOS/DR-DOS in what we in the biz call a `DOS box.’
You may freely use, modify and redistribute it under the terms of the GNU General Public License, version 2.
The last version of DOSEMU 1.4.0 was released May 5, 2007.