Last Updated on: 11th January 2024, 06:43 pm
Dust Racing 2D (Dustrac) – a tile-based, cross-platform 2D racing game written in Qt (C++) and OpenGL. Dust Racing 2D comes with a Qt-based level editor for easy level creation. A separate engine, MiniCore, is used for physics modeling.
The purpose of the game is to race against challenging computer players on different race tracks. Finishing in TOP-6 will unlock a new race track. Only a small portion of the race track is visible on the scrolling screen.
There’s also an option for a split-screen two player game, introduced in 0.12.0. Dust Racing 2D comes with a Qt-based level editor that makes creating new race tracks easy.
– 1-2 human players againts 11 challenging computer players
– 3 difficulty settings: Easy, Medium, Hard
– Split-screen two player game (vertical or horizontal)
– Game modes: Race, Time Trial, Duel
– 2D graphics with some 3D objects
– Smooth game play and physics
– Multiple race tracks
– Finishing in TOP-6 will unlock the next race track
– Star ratings based on the best positions on each race track
– Easy to create new race tracks with the level editor
– Engine and collision sounds
– Pit stops
– Runs windowed or fullscreen
– Portable source code using CMake as the build system
– Will be forever completely free
The source code of the game is licensed under GNU GPLv3. Dust Racing 2D is built on Qt development framework in C++ and it uses OpenGL for graphics. This means, that it is possible to port the game to multiple operating systems. Dust Racing 2D is currently available for Linux and Windows.
Dust Racing 2D was inspired by Super Cars and Slicks’n Slide and is under active development.