Last Updated on: 3rd August 2023, 12:31 pm
XZX-Pro – a portable emulator of Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48K/128K/+3 (8-bit home computers made by Sir Clive Sinclair) and Spectrum clones for machines running Unix and the X Window system.
XZX-Pro provides an accurate Z80 core emulation, with emulation of all the opcodes (both documented and undocumented ones) and accurate timing. Unlike other emulators, the emulation of all the chips is cycle accurate, and tries to emulate timings as precisely as possible while trying to use as little processor power as possible.
It initially was based on XZX 1.0.2 by Des Herriott, but has been completely
rewritten since then.
– ZX Spectrum 48K, 128K, +2 and +3, Pentagon and Scorpion, Didaktik
– Interface I with up to 8 microdrives,
– Multiface 128 and Multiface 3 by Romantic Robot Ltd
– Beta 128 disk interface by Technology Research Ltd with 4 disk drives,
– +D disk interface by Miles Gordon Technology with 2 disk drives,
– D80 disk interface with 2 disk drives,
– ZX Printer,
– Kempston mouse,
– Sinclair, Cursor and Kempston joysticks,
– Fuller Audio Box and
– built-in machine code monitor.
XZX-Pro 4.3 source code 560KB.tar.gz